I love going out to the Mexican restaurant just as much as the next person, maybe more. The only problem with that is, the closest Mexican restaurant is twenty-five minutes from my rural Kentucky home. Now I don’t know about you but, I’m not driving that far for a taco. Not when I can make something just as good right in the comfort of my own home.
This is the perfect way to sneak in some of those much needed veggies. This skillet is packed full of corn, tomatoes, green chilis and black beans. Whether you serve it a bed of Mexican rice, on a warm tortilla, or make the perfect taco salad, this quick one skillet meal is a crowd pleaser. You and your family will be sitting around the table, with a dinner you’ll be proud to serve without spending hours in the kitchen.
- 1.5 pounds of ground beef
- 1 (10oz) can of original Rotel
- 1 (15.25oz) can of corn, drained
- 1 (15.25oz) can of black beans, rinsed
- 6 Tbsp. of taco seasoning
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet on medium heat, then drain off excess grease and return to heat
- Rinse black beans and drain corn then, add to ground beef
- Mix Rotel and taco seasoning into the ground beef, corn, black bean mixture
- Let simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
*best served in a warmed shell, on top of tortillas, or as quick salad*