These bars are full of pumpkin & all those spices we crave when the weather starts cooling down, this is my go-to fall dessert.
When I say this is my go-to fall dessert I’m not playing. I’ve made this recipe every year since the 10th grade. You heard me right, since high school.
When I was in high school Pinterest had just started to become popular & I was completely obsessed. I’d spend hours pinning & testing recipes (sorry mom for all those dirty dishes). Every night I was in the kitchen whipping something new up. Thanksgiving was soon approaching & I had to find the perfect recipe to take to our family dinner. I remember the first time I made these, I tasted the batter & I knew they were gonna amazing..and they were. I took them to Thanksgiving dinner & they were a hit.
Now, I love a classic pumpkin roll as much as the next person, don’t get me wrong. I can make an amazing pumpkin roll at that but, my “roll” doesn’t always come out the prettiest. With these bars, there’s no rolling involved. You get this really pretty design by taking a fork and swirling the cream cheese mixture into the pumpkin batter. These bars are SUPER moist, aren’t overly sweet and go perfect with a cup of coffee on a chilly fall morning.
Pumpkin Roll Bars
- 6 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15oz) can of pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8oz of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 large egg
- First things first, go ahead and preheat your oven to 350 degrees + grease a 9×13 baking dish
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat melted butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Then add the eggs, pumpkin, vanilla & water. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Measure out 1 cup of your pumpkin batter and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Now for the cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until it’s free of lumps. Once that is mixed well add in the vanilla and egg.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the unbaked pumpkin batter.
- Now grab that cup of pumpkin batter and dollop over the cream cheese spread. Take a fork and gently swirl the pumpkin batter into the cream cheese spread.
- Once you’ve gotten the swirl design you want and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Slice & enjoy!
This is not my recipe and you can find the original recipe below.
Alyssa Rivers Pumpkin Roll Bars