You know what I love? Easy side dishes! It seems like through the week it’s always a struggle to a get nutritious dinner on the table. After work I have no desire to stand in front of the stove and cook for an hour…& we’re not gonna even talk about the cleanup time.
These roasted carrots kinda remind me of sweet potatoes fries. Sweet potato fries..but with way less carbs & still all the nutrients. They’ve completely replaced frozen French fries in my house…SO good with burgers or even with a steak dinner.
My favorite part is this recipe only dirties up a couple dishes. I just throw all the ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag, give them a good shakin’, throw them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven. By the time your main dish is ready, these little babies will be too.
Oven Roasted Carrots
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- 1 pound or 2 1/2-3 cups of petite baby Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- While your waiting for your oven to preheat mix all of your ingredients in a gallon ziplock bag or bowl and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and flip carrots with a fork or spatula.
- Bake for another 10 minutes & serve.
I love using basic ingredients like salt and pepper…I feel like it the best way to enhance the flavor of any dish. That being said I use a heavy hand of pepper. It really gives these carrots an almost spicyness to them. If you’re not into that you may want to use a little less. I also want to mention that I use petite baby carrots for this recipe. If you don’t have those on hand you can use the thicker carrots, you’ll just have to adjust your cook times.